Legendary Lettuce Wraps.
I once made these lettuce wraps for a few friends after a yoga class in the park and was immediately gifted a double pour of chartreuse. On this day, they became legendary.
Recipe Yields about 6 Wraps
1 (12oz) block of Tofu, Pumfu or Chikfu
1 head of living lettuce or butter lettuce (for to wrap the wraps)
3 cups of chopped purple cabbage or you can simply use cole slaw mix
¼ tsp minced garlic
¼ tsp grated ginger
¼ tsp sriracha or sriracha substitute (whole foods has a great probiotic version)
1 tsp coconut aminos
½ tsp rice vinegar
½ tbsp sesame oil
Sliced green onions
Sesame seeds (or hemp seeds for allergy substitute)
- Drain and pat dry pumfu, chikfu or tofu block and cut into ½ - 1 inch chunks
- Sauté fu in sesame oil - stirring occasionally until crisp and set aside in a bowl
- Sauté garlic and ginger in sesame oil in the same pan for a minute or so and then add the cabbage mix and combine.
- Add coconut aminos, sriracha substitute, and rice vinegar to taste. Mix and cook on medium high.
- Stir in the cooked chikfu/pumfu/tofu chunks and add additional sauce if needed for season/taste.
- Remove from heat for about 5 min
- Assemble mixture into lettuce of choice - butter lettuce, I like
- Add toppings - crushed peanuts, green onions and seeds of choice
- Happy Dance - these are flavorful and will evoke dance moves especially when paired with chartreuse :)
Thank you for being & for Being Here Now!